CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

What makes someone intelligent?(4)

Dee and her genius little Fred Tate.
Watch the moobie!!



Intelligence is commonly perceived as what someone knows and how much they know. I however, strongly disagreee. I believe it is more of having an understanding. Have you ever seen the movie Little Man Tate?
"It's not so much what he knows, but...
...what he understands."
When I sit down with some gorgeous gentleman, I expect him to understand me. Is he capable of absorbing the information I spit out? Will he respond with his own ideas? Is he even able to develop his own ideas? I can point out if someone I speak to has intelligence if they are able to be introduced to a principle and run with it.
Occasionally I'll come across a gentleman with chiseled abs, but he has complete lack of intelligence or even a brain . Introduction tells a lot about a certain person. I'll greet him with a hello, blah blah blah, and then I'll bring up some mind blowing conversation to capture his attention and hopefully his heart... BUT the guy is a complete meat head! "I have no clue what you're talking about." (Nor does he attempt to find a clue)
We weren't able to come to an understanding, and the fact that he didn't even ask questions to achieve an understanding .... pfft why not just stamp a DUNCE sticker on his forehead.
I define intelligence as the ability or desire to understand.
If I can't solve the huge algebraic equation on the board, I feel just as smart trying to.


0 comments: